Saturday 6 December 2008

Vanessa's atomic modern love... Corrr!

Yo.

Got a feeling that this is going to turn into a bit of a boring mathsy (sp?) post, a post full of maths, so let me apologise for that in advance.

Soz.

Well, I’m slowly getting there. While you were all out having fun last night, I had a cosy night in with my new friends at the 2c/5c tables. The tea was flowing and we had a Wales of a thymes. There are some characters at these tables to be fair, my favourite being a lad who says ‘thanks’ in the chat after every pot he wins. What a twat. He even said it when he split one heads up once?? Yeah, ship it, son. I’ve taken a few pots off him and said nothing but I might have to deliberately outdraw him one day just so the ‘thanks’ I give him feels that little bit sweeter and hopefully hurts him that little bit more.

Was nice to take a little break the other day. Can’t remember which day it was but I met up with Ptevey and C for a couple of hours before they headed off to Nottingham to do their bollocks. Thursday daytime, I think. Yeah, ate into my sleep time a treat, you unnocturnal weirdos. (Had a bit of a problem spelling ‘weirdos’ then…whatever happened to ‘i’ before ‘e’, except after ‘c’?).

I met them down the bowling place where we shooted some pool, and followed that with a couple of games of bowling. The standard between us was seriously Laugh Out Loud-able but I banged home a 151 in the second game of bowling, which I only mention because it happens to be exactly the same as my highest break in snooker. 147star? I’ve made bigger breaks… Full stop.

In more depressing news, I’m officially a losing player at 2c/5c 6-max PLO8:

6-max 2c/5c
1460 hands
$9.13 loss
2hrs 45mins
-6 ptbbs/100
-$3.32 ph

Yeah, I know…ouch!

I felt the need to tilt after an ‘orrendous runner runner at one of those tables so I took it out on the 1c/2c tables! 9-tabling 6-max 1c/2c, I somehow played 91% of hands. It was such a nightmare to follow but great fun as ever. Potting most hands and not giving a shit what happened really sorted out my tilt as well.

6-max 1c/2c
952 hands
$14.27 profit
2hrs 15mins
37 ptbbs/100
$6.34 ph

Yeah, eat that, 6-max.

Luckily, my full ring is okay.

Full ring 2c/5c
6082 hands
$200.15 profit
29hrs
33 ptbbs/100
$6.90 ph

Cheers for all your comments in my last post but I still can’t find anything that automatically tops up when you fall below a full buyin. I’m guessing there isn’t one. That kind of thing might actually be considered ‘irresponsible’ of Pokerstars, though, so maybe that’s why the option isn’t there. Or perhaps I’m the only person in the world who sees the need for it. So, until Pokerstars loses it’s conscience or gambling law relaxes, or some genius in one of their offices actually takes a moment to consider troubled topupperers like myself, I guess I’ll just have to live without.

I’m five days through my challenge (December) now and my O8 bankroll is up to $405.29

O8 cash overall in December
8494 hands
$205.29 profit
34hrs
$6.04 ph


Using the old ‘20 buyins per level’ rule I’m planning on moving up to 10c/25c when I reach $500. Hopefully, I can run good and be there by the end of Sunday’s session.

Well, I was going to give you some figures as to what I need to achieve when I move up but I think it’s probably better left ‘til my $500 is reached. Well, isn’t that something to look forward to?

Bought four new albums the other day, by the way. Three of them are to be avoided:

The Corrs - Forgiven, Not Forgotten
Vanessa Hudgens (who??)
Atomic Kitten - Ladies Night (Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING?)

The other album, though, is an absolute peach. Bill Withers - Lovely Day, is the first track. I snapped it up based on that alone, obviously, but, hilariously, it’s also got the original ‘If you don’t know me by now’ on it. I’ve listened to it a few times now and can’t help cracking up thinking of David Brent’s version. Fuck, I’m gonna Youtube that right now.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DN41XutK61Y
HAHA, Genius.

Also, couldn't help but watch this one for the first time in ages, amazing.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9JitDWQI9qc&feature=related

Modern Love Collection is the name of the album. (almost certainly) At a charity shop near you, if that’s your thang.

'thanks'

1 comment:

  1. I think this is your sort of tune son.

    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qGEubdH8m0s&feature=related

    Am I right? Of course I am.

    ReplyDelete