Monday 8 December 2008

Moving on up

‘Bryan Duncan, singer, born in 1953, started his career in 1973 with the Jesus music band…’

Well, if I’d known that before I’d gone to the charity shop the other day, I wouldn’t have bought three of his fucking albums. I listened to one of them and just had to give them back. Let some other poor fucker make that mistake.

I also bought an S Club 7 album, which I was quite looking forward to bobbing my head along to until I opened the case to find a Blue album in there instead. Sigh. Still, could be worse… I could be that unfortunate Blue fan who’s just opened his case to find S Club 7 staring him straight in the mush. Unlucky, son!

The other disappointment was an ABBA greatest hits that is NOT performed by ABBA at all, but by some tribute band called Abbaration. It doesn’t even have Waterloo on it ffs. So, that’s another album I might have to give back. Or maybe I could give it to C man for Christmas…

Daft Punk, Discovery, is probably the only album I’ve bought this week that I’m at all happy with. It’s even still got the membership card in it that the early editions of the album had. It’s probably worth millions now, this antique. 50p. Value. Imo.

Poker.

I took a practice shot at 10c/25c last night. Bankroll-wise, it was a little bit earlier than I’d planned given that, at the start of play, I was only just over $400 but I feel like I’ve grown out of 2c/5c now and it’s just a boring grind (a break even grind at that atm). So I took a shot with the intention of coming back down should I fall below $350. I told myself not to bluff too much, just to take it easy and play some chilled out, low-risk stuff… but that’s just boring.

After this bluff got snapped off:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3555550

…I was lucky this one wasn’t looked up as well:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3555552

Lol, the hand plays itself imo. Way to take it easy, son. As I was telling 147 at the time, if that bet gets snapped by some AA4x, which I was worried about, or just any A2 that is also likely beating my ‘high’, I would have been forced to move back down. Too much in there not to bluff it though even if it was a matter of life and death. I got lucky and was able to stay at 10c/25c for the rest of the night. I was 6-tabling full ring for the most part, which felt comfortable.

10c/25c full ring
1510 hands
5hrs 30mins
$86.80 profit
11.5ptbb/100
$15.78 ph

Not a bad start. This leaves my overall figures for the first week looking like this:

O8 cash
10845 hands
43hrs 30mins
(249 hands ph)
$288.67 profit
$6.64 ph


Hopefully I won’t have to move down to 2c/5c again now (I’ve said it before but what a ridiculous jump between levels… $5 to $25), but I mustn’t get ahead of myself just yet because, as we all know, poker can be a right cunt sometimes.

Well, I’m off to listen to some Blue. All raise…

No comments:

Post a Comment