Thursday 4 December 2008

Before you roll those dice, baby think twice

Celine and Enya really are doing the trick at the moment so I'm just off out to do some charity shop shopping with eyes only for them pair..

But a quick post before I go.

This challenge is only three days in and it is already brought up a couple of problems. The first worry is my posture. I have been sitting at my desk crouched over my laptop for 23 hours over the three days and it is not doing wonders for my back. My posture's so bad at the moment, I'm practically kneeing myself in the head when I walk. My desk is slightly too low for me. Maybe I should get a new chair. Ah, fuck, just as I was writing that I checked the chair and it wasn't all the way to the bottom. Retard. That's better. Let's just hope the damage caused in the last three days isn't permanent.

Okay, so problem one solved ffs. Only 23hrs too late.

The second thing that's starting to become a problem is I seem to have developed a bit of an OCD. I don't know if any of you other cash game players have this but at the moment I literally CAN NOT be sitting at a table with less than a full buy in. It's getting quite annoying to be honest as, especially at the start of a session, I obviously spend a lot of time with exactly a buy in. So when I play a hand that I don't win I have to top up again instantly. The first hand of the session earlier, I folded on all six tables and had to go round insta-topping up on all of them from $9.95 back up to $10. It's kind of distracting and someone even commented on it at one of my tables earlier. Arrggghhh. Please let me know if I'm not alone in this.

Anyways, enough of that.

Felt like I played really well today. 6-tabling and 4-tabling for the most part I banged in another lengthy, back-breaking session.

Overall stats after December 3rd session:
2c/5c
5551 hands
$141.50 profit
23hrs
25 ptbbs/100
$6.15 ph


I lost four of my five biggest pots today so the stats aren't too flattering again really, sigh. Hourly rate, wasting my life ffs... Three outdraws and a big cooler were the ones I lost, though the one I won was a really sick outdraw I put on someone when I was on tilt which calmed me down for the rest of the session.

A couple more days of this and I'm taking a shot at 10c/25c.

Babies, think twice

7 comments:

  1. Have a play around in the settings...I'm sure you can have it so it automatically tops up, or at least use one of the F buttons as a shortcut instead of having to do it the normal way by clicking the chip tray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Options -> Auto Rebuy (ring games). Sorted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Na mate, pretty sure that means it rebuys only when you go broke.

    Reckon I just need psychiatric (sp?) help. And a dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you can have auto rebuy for cash games (stars im guessing) and its definately a lot of help. My ocd while playing is i need chips to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same thing on betfair, then I stopped and just chilled out about it and started getting noticeably more action. I reckon people automatically tag you as grinder if you have the full buyin, and a fish if you don't bother to top up. I know that's how I rate people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nath, don't worry about the topping up. Just calm down and go with the Orinoco Flow.

    C

    ReplyDelete