Tuesday 2 December 2008

Suicidal in December?

Not yet, but I will be if I put in anywhere near the volume required to succeed in my new challenge. I'll come onto that in a bit.

When I was reading through my blog the other morning I was reminded of how much I used to enjoy one particular form of poker.

PLO8.

I don't even know why I stopped playing it, I used to absolutely lap it up (33 posts in June/July is some volume!). I can't think of another form of the game that I'd be willing to play 10k hands of at 1c/2c in less than a week! Certainly not Holdem.

Holdem is for cunts, by the way, and I don't care how many readers that offends, you Holdem playing cunts.

Anyway, as I say, I started playing O8 cash with the start of that 10k hand experiment at 1c/2c at the end of May and, luckily enough, I failed it profitably enough to steadily build my roll to a point where I was pratting about 12-tabling the 6-max 10c/25c tables in June and July, lol. The last time I mentioned O8 cash, though, was in the depressing 'tannigreythompson' post on 7th August.

And that was it, O8 gone... what a prick I am sometimes.

The fact is, that spell of poker in June and July was probably the most enjoyable and profitable time I've had since starting this blog. And I think that showed in the amount I played and the volume of blogging I got through. 33 O8 posts in June and July was followed by a sorry 2-post August where I got in a right strop after running slightly badly (well, a $350 downswing at 10c/25c was pretty annoying to be fair), ending in me inexplicably knocking O8 on the head.

I've only posted 20 times in the four months I've spent away from O8, so, to save this blog, and hopefully to start enjoying poker again, I've decided to set myself another O8 cash challenge:

Starting with a bankroll of $200, my aim is to make $2500 profit playing O8 cash in the month of December.

Yeah, that should keep me busy playing and writing in December.

I realise this sounds like a lot to make from that small starting bankroll, but given that I'm not planning on working at all in December, I should be able to get some serious volume in.

It's been a long time since I played the game so I'm going to grind the rust away with some 2c/5c full ring to start with. My plan is, when I feel comfortable with the game again, to move to the 6-max 2c/5c.

To get anywhere near the targeted $2500 I'd imagine I'm going to have to move up at some point but as it seems that I'm capable of a 14 buyin downswing at 10c/25c, I'm going to grind 2c/5c until I feel happy. You never know, I may even beat 2c/5c well enough not to have to move up...!

Started last night with a lengthy 4-tabling session just to get my O8 game back. Was sitting at one of the 2c/5c tables with $68 at one point which was fun, though that table was the only reason I made profit last night.

So, figures so far:

Game... Full ring PLO8
Stakes... 2c/5c
Hands... 1616
Time... 7hrs 30mins (ffs, I'm wasting my life)
Profit... $49.21
@... 30ptbbs/100 and $6.56 ph

Went through a horrible stage of tilt in there on other tables and I don't think I'm anywhere near my best so, though my hr is soooooooo slow doing it, I'm going to carry on 4-tabling full ring for the time being. (How many times have I said that, by the way... No doubt my next post, entitled 'CUNT', will be talking about the break-even six hour 24-tabling session of 10c/25c I've just had!)

Not at all happy with my current hourly rate so hopefully by the time I post next I'll be happy enough with my game to make the move to 6-max, or at least to open up a few more tables.

Will post again later.

Hope you're happy... Frodo!

No comments:

Post a Comment