Friday 28 November 2008

Khaled Hosseini

I don't know much about novelists but, taking Catherine Cookson out of the equation, obviously, this guy is definitely my favourite at the moment. I read 'The Kite Runner' last summer when I spent a fun, if hugely unproductive, time living in Norwich with Dickie - good times - and I've spent the last two days reading the follow up, 'A Thousand Splendid Suns', which, in my opinion, is equally brilliant.

So choosing last night (and most of this morning) to reread my blog IN FULL was only going to end in tears... What a fucking awful read. It ended in tears.

Even my early 'Poker... it's just not cricket' post, which, pre-Hosseini, I felt was the most perfectly crafted literary thing to come from words since Kensie from Blazing Squad's spellbindingly unputdownable autobiography, failed to bring a sm1le to the mush.

And the blog has gone downhill from there.

Spent the other half of last night watching Lady Sovereign videos on Youtube. Very productive night. Keysie, seriously, Youtube her, 'Hoodie', '9 to 5', 'Those were the days', and 'Random' will no doubt be classics when she's shot dead on the streets in a couple of years. She's just like Dizzee Rascal mate, you'll love her. Except she's white. And female. Yeah, she's nothing like him but check out 'the Rascal' being grilled by 'the Paxman' here, haha. The cheeky sm1le stretching from 0:08 to 0:10 is hilarious, the big wally:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tM1XrVVVBAk

Ah, there was gonna be a point to this post but I really need some sleep. I think you get the message though, this blog's on it's way out.

1 comment: