Thursday 6 November 2008

I got 99 outs but the river ain't one

Yep, I've been playing Omaha whilst listening to Jay-Z!

When registering for the $3k guaranteed NLHE multi at the last minute earlier tonight, I first accidentally registered for a $1 FL Omaha multi.

FFS.

Lost half my stack in the holdem calling an all in pre with Q7 because I thought I was good. I lost to Q8, which got a couple of 'lols'. I was nearly right, you cunts. I then went out in a big four-way all in with JTo. A fairly standard demise really. Don’t think my heart was quite in it somehow.

The Omaha was a 252 runner affair and it soon became clear that the $49.15 first prize wasn’t going to be reward enough to endure the tilt that playing FL Omaha with complete retards seemed to drive me to almost instantly. But, five incredibly stressful hours later, I was heads up Vs one of the nice guys so all was well:

*** RIVER *** [2c Kh Th Jh] [Ts]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
markhrm: shows [6d 4c Ac Kc] (two pair, Kings and Tens)
pgchips: shows [6h 2d 6c 3h] (a flush, King high)
markhrm: gg
Dealer: Game #21795333073: pgchips wins pot (50768) with a flush, King high
Dealer: markhrm finished the tournament in 2nd place
Dealer: pgchips wins the tournament - congratulations!
pgchips [observer]: very well played
pgchips [observer]: gg
markhrm [observer]: ty u 2
pgchips [observer]: ty
markhrm [observer]: gl
pgchips [observer]: gl, take care
markhrm [observer]: ty u 2
pgchips [observer]: ty, laters
markhrm [observer]: bye

Fucking hell, he didn't say a word through the whole 5hr 20min tournament and suddenly, come bedtime, he fancies a natter. What's up with that? I lied by the way, it wasn’t ‘very well played’. At all. By anyone.

Through the fire, to the limit, to the wall. Niggaz.

4 comments:

  1. Hey PGChips.... Markhrm here.

    "Fucking hell, he didn't say a word through the whole 5hr 20min tournament and suddenly, come bedtime, he fancies a natter. What's up with that?"

    Nothing personal but I don't chat much when playing as I can't bother to entertain the "retards" that you speak about... and there were a lot of them playing that game.

    I thought we would end up heads-up once we hit the final table... was a close one that could have went either way.

    Good luck and take care.

    Cheers,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'I thought we would end up heads-up once we hit the final table...'

    Yep, we were definitely the pick of a dodgy bunch!

    'was a close one that could have went either way.'

    Was a fun heads up, wasn't it? Think we were both all in a couple of times.

    You got the better of me for most of it to be fair Mark so well played. And good luck, sure there are plenty more cashes to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry player Markhrm is an asshole

    ReplyDelete
  4. PG Chips..... This is Vic Graham Ltd who have paid for the artwork that your using and i'm suggesting that you remove it with immediate effect and also your Myspace account - to which i will be dealing with on that website it self.

    ReplyDelete