Tuesday 14 October 2008

Putting in the hours

At the fucking NEC...

The only good thing about working a 16 hour shift is that it makes the 12 hour ones seem short.

T’was a busy week, last week, for us agency staff as the NEC hosted the ‘Horse of the year’ show. Was booked for a deadly total of 84 hours from Monday to Sunday, which included a horribly illegal 29 hr spell over a 39 hour period on Tuesday/Wednesday. If there was ever a time to ‘accidentally’ fall and break my neck, or get ran over by an ‘orse, or get hurt by something in some way, 'illegal Wednesday' was the day. The NEC is sooo rich, I would have absolutely fleeced them. A bone-break of any kind would have absolutely slipped down, but, obviously I run bad, and the only things I broke that day was an expensive case of NEC crockery and the world record for most times caught sleeping at work without getting the sack. Some lovely big horses knocking about, there were.

FFS, the cunts. Bought a mug from some cheap shitty shop for a pound when I was on Bearwood high street about an hour ago, and the cunting handle’s just fallen off. Half a mug of coffee all over the laptop FFS. The cunts. I bet they did that deliberately the cunts. It’s still working, so all’s well. I should probably check all the letters though.

Have had two attempts at the $11 double shootouts to the million recently, failing in both. I’ve realised that I’m too immature to be playing shootouts atm. Losing heads up, as I have done in a couple, tilts me so bad. I challenge you to tell me of anything more annoying than losing heads up in a shootout. Not going to play one for a while now, may try again if I grow up ever.

Qwertyuiop[]
ASDFGHJKL;’#ZXCVBNM,./`1234567890-

Yep, running good.

Actually, maybe being the bubble boy in two multi table rebuy sats in a row was more annoying. Yeah, won’t be playing any of those for a while either.

Cheers to Fran for thinking about the AQ hand...more than I did at the time! It is a tough one pre with 15bbs or whatever. I think it's still a raise, just got to avoid getting all in on the flop drawing vvvvv slim in future...

I have another full week of work this week, including two days at Cheltenham race course on Friday and Saturday, which makes a nice change. Was supposed to be at the NEC at 8am this morning but given that I was still drinking Sambuca at 5, I figured that texting in sick was the +EV, though unprofitable, thing to do.

Not much to report on the poker front as I’ve been too tired/pissed after work to play. I have enjoyed railing for a couple of hours though before sleeping some nights. If it’s not 147_fish shipping some sat, it’s the $100r or the $50r I watch, or just whatever’s deep at the time. Reassuringly for the ‘poker isn’t all about luck’ crew, the same names are regularly cropping up late on in a lot of these.

Something wrong with my eyes I think, which is worrying me atm, probably should get that checked out. Then sue the NEC imo. Would love to see their faces if I did… though I suppose I probably couldn’t as that would mean I’m going fucking blind.

I might play something on Stars today and/or tonight as I have nothing to do. Bit bored of grinding the lower stakes but fuck it, I might as well. Wish I’d gone to work actually.

Well, this post has dwindled out as always… ah, saw a nice bit of vandalism earlier. If you can call it vandalism. Above the entrance to the foreign language centre in town is a big sign saying ‘Language Centre’, and some funny fucker’s nicked the ‘C’: ‘Language entre’. I do hope that this is the doing of a clever French vandal but, knowing Birmingham, it’s probably some chav looking to get started on graffitiing the word ‘Cunt’ elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment