Monday 29 September 2008

Preflop rule

Okay, I've decided that any pre flop raise of 15 big blinds (to 30c) is too expensive. I must call a raise to 29c (unless one of yous decide to sit down and make it 29c to go every hand...) but can fold pre to any raise of 30c or more.

Just finished my first session which was fucking hilarious to be honest, there were people getting proper pissed off! Four tabled for a few hours:

Hands played: 1174
Flops seen: 1063 (lots of pots taken down pre and folds to bets that were too big...plus the odd accidental fold as with the similar Omaha challenge from a while back)
Pots won at showdown: 118 of 210
Pots won without a showdown: 300

That last stat is pretty sick to be fair, I won over a quarter of the hands at six handed tables without showing my cards. I suppose bluffing is where I made most of my profit...

Total profit: $20.70 (@44ptBBs/100)

As with the Omaha challenge, I think that this looks like a great little exercise to improve your post flop play, though the standard really is horrendous at these tables. Maybe I should try it at 10c/25c?...

1 comment: