Tuesday 30 September 2008

Owned, and new rule

Got walked all over at one of my four tables during a brief session last night. Three of the four tables were standard passive/rubbish but the other one I joined was mental - the standard raise was to 12c which I can handle when there's one player at a table doing it, but this table had three players making it 12c to go whenever they felt like it. Obviously, being the only one who had to call these bets made it quite tough for me to get the better of the table as a whole. I looked like a right loser to be honest and my preflop started getting comments. And the longer I continued to call them, the more comments I got and the more they raised and laughed, idiots... If I was an absolute Moorman about the stats of this challenge, I might have left the table after one round but I stuck with it and played 80 hands there for a $2.10 loss, which actually included a $2 KK vs AA aip sickener. [This also got laughed at despite me insta-typing 'nh' in the chat. Cunts.] A $2 loss looks good for a table like this but it's heavily varianced because of the unusually large size of the (often effectively blind) flop bets/raises which have to be made because of the... unusual preflop action. I could have stacked myself very quickly if some of my early bluffs didn't run good. I may seek more tables like this in future sessions because it's much more of a challenge and a lot less boring than the tighter tables. My new rule is simply that I can't leave a table because it's too hard, though, as I've just explained, hard is a quality I look for in a table now. So, rule one: Must call every raise to 29c or less and rule two: don't be a complete and utter Moorman twat about the stats and leave a table I'd be lucky not to lose on. Finally, a nh to Keysie who has just cashed in the WSOPE for the second year running for another £20k+ score. Well played mate. Quite where my paragraphing has gone, I'm not sure. Moorman, who I've just given a bit of stick to there, hilariously (because I don't know him and it got cheesy closer) lost a massive KK vs AA and busted shortly after to bring the bubble on, which burst the same hand... So sick at that stage in a tourn that big to run KK into another big stack's AA but I don't know him and I do know Keys, so fuck it, it's FUCKING HILARIOUS. imo. Soz, rambling...

Game: NLHE, 6-max, 1c/2c
Hands played: 1484
Pots won without a showdown: 418 (28% of hands)
Profit/loss: +$17.74

The 'pots won w/o sd', of the stats I have available to me, is the only one (except for profit) that really interests me now with this challenge. We all know the rules so 'flops seen' is irrelevant. 'Pots won at showdown' could actually have been interesting for a couple of reasons but I don't care to explain them and I've lost track of that stat already anyway. My 'pots won without a showdown' was 118 of 310 (38%) in my mini 4-tabling session last night which is totally ridiculous six handed. Though I recorded a loss. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment