Thursday 2 October 2008

Another FT failure

I have won only one of my last twenty four final tables in multis and it's starting to get a bit annoying. 3rd in an $8 PLO8 tourn is my latest for $147 (loving that Paul...).

Standard race for my exit hand:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3267145
Think I'm a slight favourite actually but not by much. Fairly standard I think. Shame.

Also played a 4-handed shootout which threw up this hilarious hand:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3266271
Wonder what he put me on and why he called the turn? And folded the river?

I lost to him in the funniest heads up of all time.

My '100% flop' challenge continues to draw comments, some absolute knobheads sitting at the 1c/2c tables saying things like 'playing every hand, look at this fish, I'm gonna take his money'. It's 1c/2c, who gives a fuck who ends up with the money? And why you being such a cunt at these stakes anyway. It's making me quite sad actually being around these kinds of people. Not only at the poker table, at work and home too.

Hands: 1774
Profit: $20.69 @ 29ptBBs/100
Won without showdown: 496/1774 (28%)

Doing the work that I do, in the city I live, I happen to work with a lot of foreign people. The patience they have with and the understanding they show to some of the ignorant cunts that give them endless abuse wherever they go, no matter how hard they work is something to admire.

I sat during my dinner break today opposite a Polish guy and an Iranian girl, who I saw were forced to sit together as there were no other seats. Listening to two people from completely different backgrounds, meeting for the first time, talking happily and respectfully, in English, about England was not only inspiring but also something I found deeply moving. Especially after the shit they had to put up with during the shift. The UK has a lot to be proud of imo and the people (not just Brits) who try to ruin this, and the fuckers who look at me and smile, expecting me to smile back when they're dishing out their abusive jokes based on nothing but nationality, deserve a fucking good slap.

Shit, soz, dunno where that came from but some cunts just piss me off sometimes. I'm starting to sound like Travis in Taxi Driver ffs... if you know any young prostitutes I could help, just send 'em my way, I'll buy them some jam on toast or something.

By the way, steer clear of Spiceworld at all costs. It's real bad, man.

Peace, pimpshoota (my next poker name for sure).

EDIT: Very nearly deleted the second half of this post as it really isn't what this 'poker' blog is supposed to be about. It's what happens when you work an eleven hour shift with likable foreigners and English cunts. But, fuck it, I'll leave it there - might be funny to look back on some day.

2 comments:

  1. download vlc player (or winamp or whatever) then go to http://somafm.com/ and listen to groove salad or space station soma. Pefectly tilt compensating sounds to help the small stakes poker player stay sane. On 24/7 and an always changing play list. Give it a go.

    Did u get another screen yet?

    Also agree about horrible cunts. Cunts they are indeed. We should swap them... with dead bodies in graves

    ReplyDelete