Wednesday 24 September 2008

Living next door to Jim

I moved to my current address in early December of last year, an unfit twenty two year old slightly annoyed at the unfitness of his, once marginally less unfit, twenty two year old body. My house is literally a thirty second walk (twenty if, unlike me, you don't have to stop half way to catch your breath) from one of the 'biggest and best' gyms in Birmingham. So why, before today (almost ten months later), I hadn't even taken a look inside, sort of beggars belief.

Not only did I look inside, I joined. I didn't even mean to...

I left my house at about half five this evening in search of one thing, food. Unhealthy food. Pizza was the plan. I usually take the unpleasant short cut to the high street, which takes me past three dead and unused factories in just a two minute journey to the shops. But today, for some reason, I decided to take the slightly longer scenic route (scenic in that it only takes me past two small factories and a public toilet), which, along with it's many delights, leads me past a Fitness First gym. Completely unexpectedly, my brain led me in.

After all these months living next door to a gym, I can't help but wonder why I chose today as the day. I don't know... maybe it was the two and a half days of sleep I needed after my embarrassing one hour football session a few weeks ago that prompted my subconscious to lead my body gymwards. Or perhaps it was my worrying lack of shock at the heart pains I experienced on holes fourteen onwards during my second round in Bournemouth. Thinking about it, it's probably a combination of both.

Either way, it's over now, I've done the easy part by committing myself to forking out literally tens of pounds a month for the next twelve months, now 'all' I have to do is drag myself out of the house to use it. The opening hours are 6.30am - 10pm on school nights so, no matter what hours I'm working, it'll be hard to justify not finding time to go. Only laziness should keep me away and, given that I live so close, that would be pathetic.

Golfing trip was great fun, nh and ty to Paul for organising it all, I had an amazing time. But my golfing was shit. This also needs to be sorted imo. I need to start putting in some volume! Me and Ptevey (Ptevey and I?) live fairly close to each other and have talked about playing a round every couple of weeks or so. I would love for this to happen. I spent some decent dosh on golf clubs a few weeks ago so it really would be disappointing if I stayed this bad at a sport I enjoy and have spooned out some decent dosh buying equipment for. I refuse to let my clubs gather dust, rust and spiders.

As usual, I'm bored of writing this shit again so not gonna write even half of what I wanted to talk about, not even going to go back, reread it and correct it,



(anaverageof)threeputtbarrett.

Peace, Brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment