Thursday 11 September 2008

Bubbles and other losses

September has been a good pokering month for me so far. I have been playing almost entirely holdem multis, which I'm glad to say I've started enjoying again. I was +$1200 for the month before I started playing yesterday thanks to a couple of wins. But last night, I had my first real setback. Spazzed away a shitload.

It started badly with the O8 WCOOP where I played well in the first few levels and felt comfortable with an above average stack despite running pretty badly but made that awful river call (third hand of my last post), which I'm still a bit pissed of at myself about. 10k stack if his two outer misses but whatever, no excuse for me playing the river like a cunt, just got to forget about that now...

But what happened afterwards pissed me off even more. I decided to experiment with the $5 rebuy sats to the $55 80k gteed, so I quickly registered for four of them. The first one kicked off, I was in for $15 (started with double stack and an add on) and was looking good for a seat when the freezeout started. 45 paid, I unavoidably came 46th. Standard. $15 loss.

By this time the second one had started. Again, I looked good for a seat when the FO kicked off. I was in for $25 and came 26th with 25 seats up for grabs (I was forced in with QQ in the small and the BBs T6 held up). Pissed off at that one. Got $16 for another $10 loss or some shit. I also failed to cash in the other two. A fairly unsuccessful experiment, you could say...

Ran KK into JT on a 489 flop (he stop and goed for about a million big blinds and I was prepared to take the gamble) which couldn't hold for double average heading into crunch time in the 50k gteed $5 rebuy. That pissed me off too.

Built a stack in the $11 30k gteed after a nice set vs set but then AK couldn't hit vs KK in a massive pot so I had to hold out for a small cash.

What else? Oh yeah, splashed out on a $22 deep stack tourn where I limped 44 in the second level, few more limpers, BB checked and bet double the pot when the flop came 642... wtf? I flatted, everyone folded. Turn blank, pot, call. River blank, pot, call. I'm beating nothing really and losing to everything, he shows 66 and scoops it, nh. Lost most of my stack in the second level and I didn't fare much better after that.

Had a couple of small cashes last night but overall I lost $100, which is exactly what I missed out on in those shocking $5r sats... Oh well, ran really bad and could have broke even.

In other news, I'm really looking forward to the golf trip to Bournemouth that Paul (or 147_star to give his 'real' name) has arranged. Looks amazing, £75 for two nights bed and breakfast and as much golf as your body can handle (about seven holes, if my footballing is an accurate indication of my current fitness). Going with a great group of lads so it should be an amazing trip, and I'm really looking forward to spazzing my roll out to all the old Durham lads in the cash games too!

I really want to play as much golf as my body allows me to. I think the current plan is three rounds but I'm sure I could convince a couple of them (or maybe just Ptevey, the nutter) to play at least a couple more. I want to squeeze in at least five rounds on this trip, especially if I've got to buy my own set of glubs and other golfing-related shit.

I'm interested in getting in a practice round of golf before the trip so if anyone knows of any good cheap (doesn't actually have to be good) courses near them let me know, I'll try and get down there. Or if anyone fancies coming to lovely Birmingham for a few days for a couple of rounds, you're more than welcome to stop here. I know Paul, the cheating fucker, has been putting in practice rounds right left and centre so I must get in at least one round before this trip. So let me know in the comments or on MSN when I'm next on if anyone's interested in shipping some pre-trip holes and pints.

I have plans tonight and tomorrow so I don't think I'll be playing any poker and I think (though I can't actually remember) that I'm working most of next week so, unfortunately, I might not be putting in quite the volume of poker I have done so far this month before the golf. But then again, after last night, that may be a good thing...

Run well all,

Teadrinka. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment