Sunday 15 June 2008

Days three and four - And who says 12-tabling isn't profitable?...

... me.

I just couldn't handle it. I 12-tabled the $25 tables for three hours on Friday and got through about 1500 hands. The first two hours were fine bringing in a steady $37 profit. I then took a break to get a drink and first hand back suffered a horrendous beat bringing me back to about even and I just kept sliding for the next hour and finally gave up showing a loss of $20 over the three hours.

Luckily, earlier in the day I had done a deadly slow but profitable bit of 3-tabling so at the end of day three (Friday) my stats were:

Days... 3
Hands... 6501
Time... 18hrs 55mins
Profit... $189.65
WR... 5.8ptBBs/100
HR... $10.02 ph

After my eye test on the Friday I went on the search for another couple of albums (Eternal's time has already passed I think) so I found another little charity shop called Mind - for better mental health. The nutters were selling albums for 50p. Ship it.

The uncomfortable part of my eye examination involved have some drops put into my eyes designed to widen the pupils to make the back of my eyes more accessable. Clever stuff but it did make seeing incredibly difficult. Things were very blurry from close range and I even had trouble crossing the road, I must have looked like a right wally.

So, looking for an album on the shelves of this new charity shop proved very tough. I pulled out CD after CD but couldn't read who they were by so had to put them back. But then I saw a cover I recognised, and it just happens to be one of my favourites. David Gray - White Ladder. 50p, genius. Even though I own a copy somewhere, I had to have it. I also decided to take a 50p gamble on another random CD so I just picked one up, handed over my quid and felt my way home.

It turns out that the second 50p there is probably the worst money I have ever spent. The 'album' turned out to be a two track (well, one track and a re-mix of that track) promotional CD for Pepsi. It's called Lifting Me by The Corrs. It is fucking awful and I can't believe I actually spent 50p on it. Actually, thinking about it, Acorns sell singles for £1, perhaps I could sell it onto them for 80p. Every one's a winner!

Now that's some nice Entrepeneurism, playing the charity shops off against each other... And then maybe I could give the profits to charity. Quite a nice way of creating EV.

Anyway, this brings my Omaha CD collection to:

Music for summer Evenings - The National Trust (1998, album) £1
Power of a Woman - Eternal (1995, album) £1
White Ladder - David Gray (1998, album) £0.50
Lifting me - The Corrs (1999, single FFS) £0.50

I had people over all day yesterday so only managed to squeeze in 609 hands so I guess I'm a little behind schedule now having only played about 7k hands through four days:

Days... 4
Hands... 7110
Time... 21hrs 25mins
Profit... $210.35
WR... 5.9ptBBs/100
HR... $9.82 ph

I have been playing Omaha for 17 days now and my total profit has reached $640.94. A poor reflection on my opponents for sure, and I really didn't expect this kind of success when it all kicked off with the 1c/2c challenge.

A friend of mine, Fran, was given $10 by Betfair which has rapidly grown into a bankroll. I'm racing him to $1k now. So GL with that sir but I hope I'm still winning...

1 comment: