Thursday 12 June 2008

Day two summary. Must learn my lesson...

... 9-tabling O8 just doesn't work.

Once I'd eaten and watched a bit of tennis I made the choice to give 9-tabling another go. It hasn't worked so far but I want to teach myself to do it.

I started 9-tabling at 3pm and played non-stop for 2100 hands to finish at about 7.30pm. Based on this sample, if I was to achieve my target of 10ptBBs/100, 9-tabling at this $25 level would give me an hourly rate of over $23. I am yet to profit from a 9-tabling session so far so for the sake of my current target of $700 per 14k hands per week I'm probably better off going back to the profitable 6-tabling but this is the HR I'd like to be achieving.

I played terribly of course and a late flurry allowed me to escape with just a $9 loss. I want to be able to 9-table though and even though it's detrimental to my current challenge I think training my brain up at this level could be financially beneficial in the long run. I'll sleep on it.

I don't have any hands from today as there always seemed to be a table popping up which became annoying but there were some beauties as usual. I made some woeful calls though, it's lucky I didn't keep records in a way.

I won a quick $20 6-tabling whilst talking to Fran on MSN tonight which helps today's figures slightly. Well done Fran, you earned me more in 50mins than Eternal did in 4hrs. Playing Eternal at full volume failed to make any difference during the 9-tabling madness by the way. In fact, I think all it has achieved is alienating me even further from my housemates and it almost certainly signals the end of their exhausting campaign to convert me into a 'Drum and Base' man. I'm sure they would now agree I'm a lost cause.

Summary after day two:

Days... 2
Hands... 4155
Profit... $132.55
WR... 6.4ptBBs/100 hands
Time... 12hrs 15mins
HR... $10.82

I believe that my WR and HR would both be higher if I had 6-tabled all the way through but I think that learning how to 9-table now will make for a healthier HR in the long run (while still perhaps sacrificing a couple of ptBBs/100). It may turn out that I am just incapable of 9-tabling of course but we'll see.

Sorry if this has been a bit of a ramble, I'm fucking knackered. More tomorrow I guess. Night.

3 comments:

  1. heh up to $370 now, busted into the $11s easily, see u at the $1000 marker. Yeh u probably should 9 table on a 14" laptop screen. U got an S-video socket on your laptop? u can buy a wire and plug ur laptop into a TV too, and multiscreen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, na decided that 9/12 tabling just isn't doable for me even multiscreening it. I'm still coming across new situations every day in this game and with 8-9 other tables going I really can't think about them properly. 6-tab is my max, I've decided.

    Hope to see you at $1k soon!

    ReplyDelete