Tuesday 17 June 2008

Blow Up

I've let myself down slightly in the last couple of days.

On Sunday afternoon I really didn't feel like playing any poker, the first time that has happened for a few weeks. And if you don't feel like playing, don't play. Simple, yeah? No. Like the mug that I am, I played anyway.

I really should have just watched a film or something or gone out, asked someone if they fancied a drink or something. But no, I cracked open a few cash tables and plugged away.

It went okay but I was just really bored of it, nothing on TV either. Then I realised that I hadn't played an Omaha multi since I learned how to play the game so checked the tab and signed up for the next three tournaments going. This is how they went:

- $11 PLO8 rebuy

In for $81 to go out shortly after the freeze period started for no return. The villain in this hand stacked me twice in the rebuys and then this to finish me off. It was very ridiculous. I don't really have a very good h/l hand but I was just playing the player (idiot):
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2763467

I was nearly sick at the hand but spending $81 on a tourn with my BR was inexcusable. Bad beats should be pretty insignificant if you're thinking about the bigger picture.

- $11 FLO8 freezeout

Standard was really really bad. Got it in towards the end with a fd and nut low draw, both were live in 3-way all in but missed. Luckily no option to rebuy.

- $5.40 PLO8 freezeout

Cashed but ran into quads to come 20 something for a shit profit. The $400 for 1st looked achievable at one point but not to be.

That was a very bad night.

The next day (yesterday) I tried my best to stay away from the poker but I was bored again with my friends at work so I started playing again. Worst decision ever. Trust me, if you're anything like me and you don't feel like playing, don't play - you'll lose.

I got bored of the Omaha pretty quickly so sat at an empty NLHE $50 to gamble it up a bit. Two people sat down with me at exactly the same time which I was a little suspicious about. I posted the BB and:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2769734

I nearly ripped my hair out, and even with my hair as long as it is it wouldn't have hurt anywhere near as much as that hand did. I left the table immediately. Blatant bit of rigging, it's sick.

I played a bit of razz for fun, lost more than anyone should at that game so sat down at a play money NLO8 with my 1000 chips. Lost them in a sick 8-way all in, I was miles behind but I think I got just about the right price...

I then played five PLO8 STTs (two 9-handed $16 turbos and three 10-handed $3 turbos). I bubbled the two $16 ones which were soo sick and came third in all three of the $3 ones. I should have won all five! After that sickness I turned the laptop off and, pleasingly, it stayed off until this morning. What an awful two days.

So, that's it, I've decided, two days too late, I'm officially taking a break.

Yesterday, I got straight onto the phone to my temping agency for some work. I need to get out of the house and away from the computer. So I've taken some shifts off them and another agency so I'll be taking a 'break' and going to work for a change. Got 36 hours booked for the next few days which should be fun. I'm behind the main bar at Edgbaston Cricket Club all day tomorrow, then at the International Convention Centre on Thursday and I'll be spending most of Friday at the National Exhibition Centre. Anything to escape the tilt.

I'm left with $271.55 in my Stars account after cashing out $215. $471.55 profit is still okay but not as okay as it was before I touched it on Sunday afternoon.

May not post for a while now. GL all.

2 comments: