Wednesday 10 December 2008

Up and down like a Nun’s yo-yo

There were a lot of full ring $25 tables running today for some reason so I decided I was going to try a bit of 9-tabling. It lasted one hand.

By the end of the first hand on each table I was stuck $30, just bluffing like a twat, not concentrating at all. So I closed three of the tables and decided to 6-table until I felt sensible again. It took a long time to get to break even again and as soon as I did, I suddenly found myself $60 up for the session. I sat down at three more tables, sat out, and made myself a congratulatory cup of tea. Tasted good.

Within ten minutes of the restart, I was $10 down for the session again.

The first two stackings were standard but here’s the third all in I lost. Complete tilt:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3564949
I’m glad I lost, I deserved to. Pillock.

I sat out after that and made myself another cup of tea. It didn’t taste anywhere near as nice as the last one. (And I’m not being metaphorical, tasted like shit.)

I felt good when I came back though and was able to keep a good enough eye on things to open up a few more tables. I 7/8/9-tabled for a good few hours after that second cup of tea and came through the session with a nice profit again.

The promising stat, imo, is that I played 2024 hands in just over 6hrs, which is an average of 325 hands per hour, 50 hands more than my current overall average, whilst still maintaining my ‘30% of hands played’ stat.

10c/25c full ring stats after last night’s session:
4686 hands
16hrs 45mins
(280 hands ph)
$350.39 profit
15 ptbb/100
$20.92 ph

The nice part about these figures, when compared to the same ones yesterday, is that my win rate has gone down while my hourly rate has gone up. This is exactly what playing more tables at a time (more hands per hour) is meant to achieve. But, I know now, only to play as many tables as I’m comfortable with. The way I play, nine tables is often going to be too many for me.

Overall O8 cash in December:

14,021 hands
54hrs 45mins
(256 hands ph)
$552.26 profit
$10.09 ph


I’ll finish this dull, statsy post with a pleasing hand I played vs one of the ‘regulars’. He played it badly and it’s an important lesson for anyone trying to learn O8:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3565429
It’s one of the main reasons why PLO8 is so hard. He’s getting freerolled ALL of the time when faced with that turn bet from me so he should have folded the nuts on the turn. IMO. And how good do I run, btw?!

BR is up to $752.26 now, so if I can avoid the massive downswing that I’m certainly capable of, I’ll move onto the $50 tables soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment