Friday 12 December 2008

Bloggers can fuck off

Who gives a fuck who’s playing the Blogger championship or whatever? I get all excited because people who haven’t posted in ages finally post and it’s just to tell me that they’re playing some shitty tournament. Lovely, don’t give a shit.

The problem, I’ve found, with not working is that money doesn’t just magically appear in your bank account. It was for this reason I was going to have to reluctantly withdraw some of my O8 BR. That was until I shipped a Million seat in some 500fpp Sat. Ptevey forced me to play. Cheers mate. He was nice enough to buy the T$ off me at face value as well so I’ve cashed that out to keep me going until the month is over instead of taking a step back in the challenge. I run good.

I started today’s session with a BR of just over $900 and decided that I wasn’t going to stop until I’d reached the magical $1k figure. That was the only aim for today. If it took half an hour, brilliant, I could call it a day and go back to sleep.

Did it take half an hour? What do you think?

Two thousand one hundred and sixty six hands (six and a half hours) later, my BR finally reached the $1k mark. So, relieved and exhausted, I said bye to my friends and sat out at all tables, before realising that the last hands I played on all tables dropped me slightly below the $1k. Sigh. I ran really well in the session, it has to be said, I think it’s the first session I’ve had at the $25 level where I feel happy about the way the cards fell.

Ran well, but played shit.

I tilted off $80 in back to back hands to the same player mid way through, and that was the main reason it took me so long to reach my target today. I’m so embarrassed about the hands, I’m not even going to show them. The $25 regulars’ll be lolling about them for weeks though, that's for sure. It really pissed me off but what pleased me was the fact that, straight afterwards, I was able to sit-out for ten minutes to calm down before starting the grind back up, instead of just carrying on and picking some other undeserving cunt to bankroll for life. Wish I’d done it after the first hand though… Fucking hell, such a knob.

Sitting out when I start feeling a bit tilty is something I need to start doing. It shouldn’t take a three buy-in downswing in two hands (at a rate of -8000ptbb/100) for me to realise I’m a twat and need a quick break. A little bit of tilt multiplied by 9 tables equals a potential disaster.

My $25 stats are getting less impressive by the session. It’s probably because I’m 9-tabling as standard now, but it’s a challenge I’m enjoying so fuck it. Also, knowingly tilting away at least four buy-ins in the last few days doesn’t help anyone’s numbers. Well, maybe theirs.

10c/25c full ring
11731 hands
34hrs 30mins
(340 hands ph)
$597.45 profit
10.7 ptbb/100
$17.32 ph

$600 profit from these tables is 24 buy-ins, I’d say that this evidence enough to show that I am a winner at the $25 level. Do we need a bigger sample to safely determine this, I don’t know? Probably, but unless I fuck up now, I was never destined to be at this level for long enough to put in a ‘significant’ sample anyway, so I suppose it doesn’t matter.

O8 cash
21066 hands
72hrs 30mins
(291 hands ph)
$799.32 profit

$11.03 ph

BR: $999.32

So, the question is, now that I’m ‘rolled’, should I move up to $50?

In context of the challenge, I don’t think I necessarily need to move up. I’ve made $600 in five days at $25 so, with 19 days left of the challenge, I should cruise to the further $1700 I need to succeed. But I think this whole thing will be a lot prettier to look back on if I continue to work my way through the levels.

I do have a couple of reservations though.

The major worry I have with moving up is that the aggressive nature of my O8 game might cause a downswing that seriously fucks up the challenge. If, after a bad couple of sessions of $50, I had to move back down, I might not recover in time. I haven’t been completely comfortable with a couple of down swings I’ve had at $25, which, I expect, are fairly standard playing the way I do.

Hands like this, for example:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3575309
I occasionally get snapped and quartered but often take all of a pot that most people settle for half of (or none of). Plus EV or not, it’s what I’ve been doing. I think it’s good play (I might be wrong because literally no other fucker's doing it), but with aggression like this comes high variance and a worryingly up-and-down BR.

It's important that I feel happy enough to play my natural game at whatever stakes I'm at, so, to ensure this at the $50 level, I plan to go into it with a $250 ‘bluffer buffer’.

So, I’ll move up to the $50 level when/if (never fuck with fate) my BR reaches $1250. And the sooner that happens, the better, some of the whiney bad losers at $25 are really starting to annoy me.

2 comments:

  1. Still reading and loving the blog. Your micro-crushing still makes me very jealous :). Keep it up and you'll be at your target in no time. gl

    MJG

    P.s sry about the blogger post. I'll make an effort to post something proper just for you :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha, quite a funny post. you sound like one angry fish lol.

    BTW get yourself signed upto Raisetheriver m8. Im a mod on there atm and prolly soon to be admin. Gonna get some good little leagues and shit going soon. Its bascially a forum for bloggers. Sign up, write an intro post and mention me or summat, its a gd crack and will give ur blog more exposure and stuff

    www.raisetheriver.com

    shameless spamming of your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete