Friday 31 October 2008

Perfect, perfect.... but not in the good way!

This hand led to many a 'lol' in the chat at one of my tables earlier:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3387553
and, as it was 2c/5c, I couldn't help but join in (even at 5c/10c I probably chip in with a few 'ffs's). Ain't no way either of us are getting away from that flop though... standard cooler imo.

Lizard2412 said, "even had the feeling ur on aces". Hilarious.

All started well for the challenge in that I made it past the first level... I got stacked twice early on, though, when QQ < KK in an $8 pot and folded to me otb TT < BB's AA in a $15 pot. Did I need to be all in pre for 150 BBs with tens? Possibly not...

This left me with chips on only two tables, which made progress feel ridiculously slow (and is actually another unforseen problem that this challenge has thrown up). But I kept plugging away and when I'd built a stack on one of the tables, three different people suggested I stand up and open more tables. I was sitting on $31.50 and $3.40 at the time and really felt like carrying on to sit with the full 800bbs on the one table. But time was dragging, and when I finally stood up and got four tables going again, I reached my $40 target within ten minutes.

It took a lot longer than I'd hoped though... 2hrs 40mins. Obviously due to the fact that I was only two tabling for most of it. Running like a twat never helps, mind.

648 hands
$21.61 profit
33ptBBs/100
$8.10 p/h

Erm, suppose it's okay, looking at it.

This was the hand that sealed my place at 5c/10c:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3386407
'Well, that's what happens when you call with jacks'. Gold.

So, onto 5c/10c...

It took me only 1hr 40 mins to lose my two buy in buffer.

$0 p/h, through 4hrs 20mins.

So I'm back down to 2c/5c.

KK < JJ aip ($17 pot) and A6dd < 44 ai on TJ4Qdd board in what felt like a good squeezing opportunity three handed on the turn for another (in terms of the challenge) massive pot. A two buy in downswing buffer isn't very much when you're an absolute maniac.

Will probably try again over the weekend. I'm not prepared to scrap the idea just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment