Friday 8 August 2008

18/27/45/180/360-man SnGs

I twenty tabled the 10c 360-player NLHE SnGs last night. (Well, I loaded up twenty of them but busted a few before a lot of the others started). But I played 20 of them in total for a 20c loss. Ran bad at the only ft I made (ran AK into JQ pre for the chip lead 8-handed). Came 8th. Only other nice run was 15th where I ran two overs and a fd into top pair and couldn't improve. Was surprisingly fun to be playing for such small amounts of money again. Though I wasn't taking it lightly, I even folded the best hand once just to make the money. Ship it.

Just tried something similar, but upping the stakes a little. I 18-tabled some $1.20 18/27/45-man tourns with a couple of 10c 360-man ones thrown in and an expensive 180 player $2.20 one for thrills. This last one was sick. Great tourn, $100+ first prize. Came 7th despite being comfortable chip leader 7-handed. This sick hand for a massive chip lead with 7 left did most of the damage and I tilted out soon after:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3017304

I minraised because my computer was being slow and it's all I had time for but, given how crapshooty it was by this stage, I'm not sure I mind the minraise much. Anyway, standard river.

About $20 profit in the 18 Sngs I played but should have been more obviously, can't remember anything much interesting happening (guess tables were always popping up over the top of the horrendous outdraws I was putting on people).

Really don't feel like playing any Omaha at the moment. Think I'm scared of losing. Will probably just 18-table these sit and goes until it gets boring.

Inabit.

1 comment: