Saturday 12 July 2008

Splashing out

Played a little bit of 1c/2c since my last post, not much. Lost a bit. Sat down at a table with Paul (147 star) who kept raising the pot, the fucker. Railed him in a few tourns the last couple of days. Very good to watch, lively player who always seems to stack up. I wish I knew how he did it.

1c/2c PLO8
1183 hands
$42.25 profit

'Splashing out'

Decided to play a couple of the 'guarantee' tourns on Stars as they've got the 2x promotion on. Played an $11 NLHE $40k gteed. Nearly cashed but ran tens into AT on the bubble. Hilarious.

Also played a PLO8 $10k gteed ($22 buy in).

Standard was poor as always. I cashed but had this sick quarter put on me towards the end:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2869822

and ended up shoving KKQ9 which sadly got called in two spots. I turned the nuts but the river put the low down and also hit some one's gutshot. All pretty boring really. Got some shit profit.

Was looking for something to do earlier and spotted that I had a spare 5k FPPs in my account. So I figured I may as well do something with them. I bought a stress ball for 400FPPs of course and thought about buying the $50 bonus for 5k FPPs as well. But I had a look around and found some nice satellites to spend them on instead. I must recommend them to everyone.

It's a 210 FPP buy in 20 player turbo SnG with top 6 players getting an $11 seat. That's 30% of players getting an $11 return on a 210 FPP investment. So, for an average player, one would expect a $79 return from a 5k FPP investment in these tourns. Clearly this is a better way of spending 5k FPPs than buying a $50 bonus.

I decided to play 20 of these sats spending 4200 FPPs, leaving some back to buy into VIP tourns etc. I didn't run particularly well but won 8 of the 20 for an $88 return. I now must decide what to do with this dosh. It's all locked away in $T so I may play a load of SnGs (hopefully for a profit) to convert it into a BR to play some more cash with. Or I could gamble it on a few more Omaha multis. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Knowing you are seeing every flop MAY have given me a slight unfair edge over you in that cash game. My inability at omaha combined with my curiosity and what little min-bet f'ers raise with promptly reversed that edge. The omaha hi 2's are wild I play with mates didn't really prepare me, but I'm sure you'll teach me Nath?!

    ReplyDelete