Sunday 13 July 2008

Ready to build a roll

I'm bringing the '1c/2c 100% flop' challenge to an end. I think I've done what I set out to do (clearly 1c/2c is easily beatable when seeing 100% of flops) but it's just not moving my bankroll on fast enough. Especially as I've got no motivation to put in the volume at the moment.

My $20 'fun money' is now up over $190 so it would be a bit silly to stay at 1c/2c even if I wanted to. I don't think my bankroll is ready for 10c/25c yet either though so I'm going to have to stay at 2c/5c (the only level Stars provide between 1c/2c and 10c/25c) for the time being.

Had a spare couple of hours this evening so took the time to see how the PLO8 2c/5c 6-max tables compare to the 1c/2c ones I've been playing. As expected, they're almost exactly the same. Bit less money flying about but they're still weak.

I six-tabled for two hours and got in 660 hands for a $31 profit. It's a very very small sample and I think I did run a bit above expectation but I would hope to make $30 for every 1k hands I played at this 2c/5c level. Going on this information, 6-tabling, which felt pretty comfortable, it should take me about three hours to play 1k hands (for a $10 hourly rate). This seems like a pretty reasonable target to me.

I plan to play 6-max PLO8 2c/5c achieving an hourly rate of $10 and a win rate of 30ptBBs/100.

Hopefully I can do it by 6-tabling but if not I'll switch it around to see what my optimum number of tables is.

I'm working a lot over the next week so I might not get much chance to play but when I do, this is what I'll be doing to try and really get this bankroll going. My long-term goal is to be 'properly rolled' for 10c/25c by August. I'm not sure what kind of roll I'll need yet, that's something I'll think about and write about later. Any suggestions welcome by the way...

Yesterday's bit of FPP fun and today's good session of 2c/5c has brought my profits to $758.04 since the $15 deposit 47 days ago. I'll get to $1k eventually Fran!

I'd better get to sleep anyway, I've got work in a few hours ffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment