Friday 6 June 2008

Let's try... 2c/5c PLO8!!

Monster stakes, eh?

Since the 1c/2c thing went okay with a profit of about $140 I have decided to step up to 2c/5c to see if the standard is just as bad. It's a $10 max buy in which isn't quite as deep as the $5 at 1c/2c but is still pretty deep at 200 big blinds.

So what did I find out about full ring 2c/5c?

Well, it's much the same as 1c/2c really. Few familiar faces, some of the rocks of 1c/2c, but the tables seem to be filled with just as many idiots as 1c/2c (perhaps just an ever so slightly richer breed). Guess I shouldn't be surprised given how ridiculously small these stakes are, a lot of them are probably playing the game for the very first time. And I suppose the rest of them just don't give a shit win or lose.

So I banged in a decent sized sample session of about 1800 hands which brought in a profit of $56 at a rate of 62 big blinds per 100 hands (verysimilar to 1c/2c).

I can't help but think I must be running very very well at the moment because making money just shouldn't be this easy. I decided to test just how well I was running by taking a dip in the relatively deep waters of NL $25!! Pretty reckless but why the fuck Stars don't have a PL or NL level between 2c/5c and 10c/25c is beyond me. That is a long spell at 2c/5c before you're 'properly rolled' for the next level up. Anyway, fuck 'properly rolled', I took a spin.

Given my BR I decided to stay out of trouble preflop, try to get to rivers cheaply and just push a three quarter in my favour but it didn't turn out like that. One idiot at the table kept stacking people luckily and then every time he lost a pot he'd shove next hand. Well, he lost a pot and shoved next hand which forced me into this good but very scary call. Nearly folded but decided it was pointless me sitting at the table if I was going to fold an edge so I shipped them in.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2713553

His hand just does not deserve half of that pot! Cardplayer has me at 65% expectation pre vs his hand but not a very interesting stat given that he could have had anything (don't know how to find out how good my hand is vs a random hand - would be a very useful programme for NL). I left after that hand as there's just no point in gambling my BR away but fully rolled that game would be brilliant.

Well, that was all yesterday and today I started off with another 200 hands of 2c/5c but again I found the 10c/25c games far too tempting. I 'sit out next blind'-ed the 2c/5c tables and put myself on the waiting list for four PL $25 tables (none of this dangerous NL business for the time being).

I'm just a beginner at omaha hl and so I can't say for certain, but the standard at these tables felt okay. The average pot sizes are generally pretty low, as is the players per flop percentage.

There have been times over the last two days where the 2c/5c table I was playing had a larger average pot than some of the 10c/25c tables I was watching. This is partly because I was on them but it does also demonstrate how much tighter these $25 players are.

I played 500 hands of PL $25 and ran pretty well, I felt very comfortable at the tables though which will no doubt tempt me back.

So, a quick summary, in the last two days I have played about 2000 hands of 2c/5c and 500 hands of 10c/25c for a $115 profit (felt like I ran above expectation in both games though).

This brings my total Omaha high low profit to $254.33 for the last seven days. Let's hope it continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment