Friday 30 May 2008

One third down... just over half to go

I have hardly stopped playing since I posted the challenge on Wednesday and have clocked up over 3k hands of omaha and and at least 15 plays of Elvis's greatest hits album. I am verysick of both.

It all started rather slowly to be fair. Heartbreak Hotel is not one of my favourite songs for a start and the choice of a $15 BR at $5 buy in tables was cretinous to say the least as it meant I could only really two table to begin with.

The first 700 hands took an age. And I didn't play particularly well either. Saw 51% of flops, which is prolly too many at H/L, and spooned home a small profit of $8.52. Tales of woe.

At the end of session one:
Hands... 700
Total profit... $8.52
Big blinds/100 hands... 61/100

Some way off target but a profitable warm-up session which at least allowed me to four-table from then on.

This helped.

My flop-seeing percentage dropped significantly and by the 1800 hand mark I was down at 37%. I had rediscovered the form which had made me famous amongst the 1c/2c regulars in the past (though they pretend not to remember me now) and by hand 1800 I had churned out a healthy profit of $32.67.

At the end of session two:
Hands... 1800
Total profit... $32.67
Big blinds/100 hands... 91/100

I remember the next thousand or so hands being pretty tough going. It was still world class but I just couldn't seem to keep my concentration.

And Elvis started to fuck with me...

I was happily 5-tabling, plodding along, but then listening to In The Ghetto plunged me into a moment of deep depression. Of course I know better now, but at the time I thought that betting the pot on every table might perk me up a little. Not so... One of them was a stone cold bluff on the turn into six players which did not get through.

The song was blatantly at fault here in my opinion, ITG is by far the most tilt-inducing song I've ever heard and I clearly had no choice but to pot the fuck out of every table. No regrets.

End of session three:
Hands... 2960
Total profit... $40.81
BB/100... 69/100

It was looking good until the last 250 hands here where I needlessly dropped over $5 with no bad beats to speak of. Not sure quite what happened to be honest but I'm guessing Elvis had something to do with it. Or maybe I just went a bit mad.

I grobbled down some dinner, beans on toast with a cup of tea, banged on Can't Help Falling In Love and settled down to a nice little 6-tabling session. This turned out to be an inspired starting-song choice ('SSC' from now on) as I slapped home a $17.10 profit in the 404 hands. Promising.

End of session four:
Hands... 3364
Total profit... $57.91
BB/100... 86/100

So that's where I'm up to so far, guess I should probably get some sleep.

All in all it was a pretty good day (and a half), I'm just a little gutted that I can no longer listen to one of my favourite songs without the horrible image of PGchips reraising the pot with 75KT at PLO H/L.

I did turn the nuts to be fair so I guess sometimes, as Elvis once said himself, even the worst reraises preflop can have a happy ending, or at least turn the nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment