Thursday 29 May 2008

The '1 bb per hand' Challenge

With tournaments off the menu for a while I've had to come up with a new challenge for myself. It's mainly for fun but I'm not working much at the moment so could do with winning.

As the title suggests, i am going to see if it is possible to win an average of one big blind every hand in my chosen game over a 10k hand sample. After the 10k hands i'll decide whether it's worth carrying on or not (though if i'm losing after 1k i'll just fuck it off obviously).

The game... Pot limit omaha high/low.
The stakes... 1c/2c.
The site... Stars.

I have absolutely no idea what a good win rate at this game is but it doesn't really matter, 1bb per hand seems pretty reasonable to me and anything less is frakking pointless.

The sample... 10k hands.
Intended profit... $200. (Sounds like a big ask actually at 1c/2c but, fuck it, I've said it now).

If I were to play 1k hands per day, this would equate to a $7300 annual profit. That's almost certainly impossible at 1c/2c plo h/l. Oh well.

$7320 on a leap year.

I start with $15 in my account, wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment