Friday 27 March 2009

Anyone heard of 'Battle Of The Planets'?

"yo, pg..."
"soz, 9-tabling, sup?"
"getting raped"
"ul"
"you seen the leaderboard?"
"what?"
"the leaderboard"
"sharkscope?"
"na, on stars"
"oh, didn't know they had one"
"yeah, take a look at the venus one"
"venus... wtf you on about?"

I've grown tired of O8 cash recently and haven't been able to get much volume in this month, especially the second half of the month (I had made 4k VPP by the end of the first week and I'm currently on just over 7k). So, to make a bit of dosh I converted my 18k FPPs into $396 using the old 210 FPP sats and then decided to experiment with a few holdem sngs to try and make few more $$ to maybe make Platinum again. I settled on the 6-man turbos and dived straight into 9-tabling the $3.25s. I played 80 of those running at around 35% ROI for a small profit before moving up to the $6.50s. For the past two days I've been 9-tabling these running at just over 20% ROI. I tried 12-tabling but ran too good and couldn't cope with playing 5 heads up and 3 bubbles at the same time ffs, talk about running bad. So I think 9-tabling is my 6-man turbo limit. There's one guy that one tables these tourns that I always seem to bump into when he's just been outdrawn... He talks to me every time I'm in one of his sngs, telling me about his latest bad beat. But last night he brought me some good news. The conversation went as above, and the leaderboard he told me to look at is some Stars promotion called 'Battle of the planets', which I wasn't aware of. Apparently I've ran well enough 9-tabling the 6-man $6.50s to top the Venus high-orbit weekly leaderboard. If I'm still top at midnight on Saturday I get $500 cash sh1pped into my account. An unexpected surprise, tyvm.

I may just be running ridiculously well but these tourns are a joke and appear to be incredibly profitable. I've played 225 of the $6.50s in two days, running at 21% ROI for an hourly rate of over $20. They're a small-stakes-multi-tabling-grinder's dream. I'm going to test the waters of the $13s and the $25s over the next few days, which should just about drag me over 7.5k VPP for Platinum, to see if they're not ruined by regs. I expect they are.

The O8 tables have dried up a lot. I was sitting at a 9-handed 10c/25c O8 cash table earlier this month with 8 Supernova regs, where the average pot size was $2. This really shouldn't be happening in a 4-card split-pot game but it's the way it seems to be heading. Grinding cash for hours on end knowing that most of my profit for the month will be made in FPP sats is just no fun any more, so next month I may be steering clear of O8 cash completely. If I can beat the $13 and $25 6-man turbos well, that may be where I'm heading next month to make my VPPs. If it turns out that they're too tough, then I may have a nice little prop bet involving me making Platinum star next month playing just $6.50 turbos... I'll let you know before the end of the month.

In the meantime, let's hope Venus holds. One time.

1 comment:

  1. I run like dog shit in any 9 man turbo on Stars!

    I think you'll find the $13's and $25's are jam packed with regs all making money from being Supernova!

    ReplyDelete