Tuesday 1 July 2008

Bourne to run well

Not going to play today, my brain feels proper tilty (potentially disarrsterous state of brain when seeing every flop). So gonna watch the Bourne trilogy instead.

Some stats from the challenge so far:

341 hands
338 flops
$22.70 profit
166ptBBs/100
Hands to reach a showdown - 89 (26% of all hands)
Hands won at a showdown - 63 (71% of hands to reach a showdown)
Pots won without a showdown - 25 (7% of all hands)
Total hands to show a return - 88 (26% of all hands)

What to make of them?

Firstly, 'hands won' is slightly misleading as a lot of pots are split heads up, sometimes at a loss to the rake. Similarly, a pot in which I'm quartered is presumably also considered a 'hand won' despite losing money in the hand. Still a bit surprising, I guess, to see that more than a quarter of hands are 'winners'. Seems high.

Other than that, only 71% of hands to reach a showdown are 'winners'?

Seems low...

Guess some 'nothing hands' are just checked down all the way to win or lose on the river, whatever. But playing every hand means I do have a lot of marginal decisions on every street, perhaps I need to sort my crying calling out.

Having said that, in what are usually multi way pots, it's not unusual to have the best hand on the turn and get rivered. I'll check these behind in position and sometimes the silly villains don't bet when they hit so I often make it to a showdown I know I've lost. Based on this, maybe 71% isn't as bad as it looks.

Suppose without pokertracker I may never know the 'crying call/checking down with nothing/knowing check' river-ratio (if this isn't one of the stats they provide it really should be).

Anyway, fuck all that rubbish, I've got a Bourne trilogy to watch. Should be an exciting six hours or so. Bye. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment