Monday 9 June 2008

Terrible downswing

Woke up at about 2am today and naturally cracked open 9 tables of the old Omaha. Quite what I was thinking I don't know - this is clearly far too many. Rushing all over the place and couldn't concentrate at all and made sooo many mistakes, played shit. I did lose two full stacks with aces vs aces, the second of which was my AA33 vs AATJ aipf. I flopped a low draw but he runner jacked it to scoop. But that's just variance, the fact is I played shit and made some terrible crying calls on other tables. And some fucking shit bets as well. It took me only an hour to lose $87 in the space of 500 hands. Over half of that was the full stacked aces but with the other hands I was dealt I could have broken even if I really wanted to.

Looking back, as a player just learning the game having started properly just over a week ago, opening 9 tables of $25 Omaha 8 straight after waking up was a fucking awful idea. Without any breakfast as well, ravenously stupid.

So I immediately closed all the tables, I didn't even sit-out-next-blind them as it would have been -EV to do so, and went for some breakfast. What my housemates must have thought of me cooking a Spag Bol at half three in the morning on a school night I'm not sure but I needed some serious de-tilting grub so I don't give a fuck.

Got back and watched The Apprentice on BBC iPlayer with a cup of tea. I enjoyed the break and am glad I resisted the temptation of nicking some biscuits to dunk. I'm better off without. Though in the days to come, if my aces keep losing, I'm sure I'll be jumping at the chance of that tasty sugary suicide.

Straight after The Apprentice I banged open just 6 tables, much more manageable. I played a bit better but still couldn't seem to win any hands, especially against this one player. These two hands against him fucked me right off:

I should have set him in on the turn as he can fold any river that doesn't house him or give him his weak low and he obv calls all in on the turn. Think I should also set him in on the river as I have to call his all in having checked and he checks a worse flush behind which he has to call with. Obvious house anyway, bad river:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2731581

This hand was another tough one to take. I was only in pre because that guy is such a twat. By his third raise it was obvious he had aces but there was half a chance my low was live and my fd was very likely to be good too so they had to go in. Loved the turn, not the river:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2731628
(With my fd and low draw live the hands have 50% expectation each so I think the hand plays itself even though it became clear he had flopped the nuts.)

He left after this hand and so I closed down all the tables I was on too. He absolutely raped me. Somehow managed to break even in this session of 780 hands so the total for the day is:

1280 hands for a loss of $87.37,
leaving my total $25 stats looking like this:

Hands... 4.3k
Profit... $116.54
Rate... 5.5ptBB/100

Not pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment