Monday 30 June 2008

More Omaha music

Just charity shopped my bollocks off for some more music to listen to whilst blowing my roll playing every hand of PLO8 I'm dealt.

Went to that Mind place ('for better mental health') again where the CDs were only 50p. This time when I got in I saw some CDs for 10p! Madness. I snapped up five of those bad boys but I'm instantly regretting it - they're all scratched to fuck. I haven't tried to play any of them yet but I'm guessing they're no good.

I also snapped up an 'expensive' 50p one as well. This one's called 'Word of mouth' and features 15 tracks by various artists including AMP FIDDLER, JUANA MOLINA, DOGS DIE IN HOT CARS, and SUFJAN STEVENS. Who the fuck are they? Oh well, could be good.

One of the 10p ones was a bit of a bargain, Paul McCartney's memory almost full. Sweet, hope that one works. The others look shit. Got some songs from the 80's on two CDs and something called 'Pop Icons' with Christina Aguilera, Five, Westlife, etc. Christ.

In one of the cases, called '70's Summer Hits' are two CDs, neither of which are called '70's Summer Hits'. There's one called 'Sunday Magic' with two half naked people on the front. Dread to think what's on that disc. And the other is called '3am Party'... dread to think what's on that disc.

My Omaha CD collection to date:

Music for summer Evenings - National Trust (1998, compilation) 100p
Power of a Woman - Eternal (1995, album) 100p
White Ladder - David Gray (1998, album) 50p
Lifting me - The Corrs (1999, single) 50p
Memory Almost Full - Paul McCartney (2007, album) 10p
Word of Mouth - Various 'Artists' (2004, compilation) 50p
Pop Icons - Various (2003, compilation) 10p
1980's hits of the decades - Various (80's compilation) 10p
Hits of the 80's - Various (1986 compilation) 10p
Sunday Magic - ? (2004, ?) 5p
3am Party - ? (2004, ?) 5p

Not pretty.

1 comment: