Tuesday 22 April 2008

Midnight Madness

$10 buy in 1400 runners, top 216 paid.

Played quite well, with a couple of mistakes, went into the break with just above average after flopping a flush and busting a shortie drawing dead. Second hand after the break i make a nice double barrel with Q high to make me comfortably chipped.

Then i play a hand like an idiot. Folded to me in the small, 56hh, blinds 100/200, raise to 600, bb calls and we see a flop of 459. Looked pretty safe so bet out 650 or so. bb minraised to 1300 leaving 2.2k back. I thought he may have left so much back as he was willing to fold so i foolishly set him in, he snapped with J9 and i miss to double him up. Should have just limped from the small and kept the pot manageable or, having raised, folded to the repop but never mind.

Won a race to double up and then doubled again with aces on a JT4 flop vs QT. Cheers. This got me back to about average with 290 left.

Get dealt AKhh in mid. Utg+1, playing a 4k stack, pots it to 1350, i set him in and his kings hold up. Argument for folding? Prolly not. This puts me down to 1700 with blinds at 150/300, antes 50. Fold a couple of hands before shoving J9s utg and losing the battle with KQ.

Out in 286th.

So three tourns today with nothing to show, i seem to be getting unlucky but to be fair if i hadn't have played that 56 like such a retard the AKs that followed wouldn't have been so important to my stack and the J9 push wouldn't have been neccessary. I need to keep my focus at every stage of the tourns i'm playing to keep the mistakes to a minimum and my stack as big as it should be. This will mean the coolers aren't so fatal should i lose them.

Sorry if this is all a little boring but i think it's bound to help me. May play some more tomorrow, if so you'll hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment